The Magic Carpet Ride - available now!
The 4-star Shimano GRX 800 1x build kit features a 1-chainring Easton crankset, DT Swiss wheels, and Schwalbe tires. It's a great package with premium performance at an attainable price.
By adding our CVA full suspension to a dedicated gravel bike platform, we’re blending the confidence and control of a cross-country race bike with the efficiency, fit, and responsive handling of a gravel bike. The result is a drop bar bike with superior comfort, power delivery,
and pure, unadulterated fun.
At the heart of the MCR is Niner’s patented, proven, Constantly Varying Arc (CVA) suspension system. It debuted in 2008 and has been incrementally refined ever since. But the fundamentals have not changed: CVA is stable yet supple while climbing and pedaling; sensitive and supportive going downhill; consistent and controlled in every situation.
For the MCR 9 RDO, we changed the suspension curve to emphasize performance for a seated, pedaling rider. It’s tuned to be especially sensitive to high frequency, low amplitude bumps, and more linear with less end-stroke progression. Configured as a short-travel system, we want riders to easily achieve full travel with less emphasis on big hits and bottom out resistance like you’d find on our mountain bikes.
In the MCR 9 RDO, we made the most sophisticated, tunable suspension system possible, with minimum unsprung weight. By suspending as much of the bike and rider mass as possible, we achieve the most sensitive, compliant ride possible. For the suspension to be effective for riders who are seated and pushing on the pedals, this was a critical piece of the full suspension puzzle to nail down.
1. 50mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension with a refined curve for small bump performance and full travel.
2. Rear shock lockout with handlebar remote; fork lockout.
3. RDO carbon fiber main frame and rear triangle with forged, 1-piece linkages.
4. Integrated rear fender protects suspension components.
5. 11 fixed mounting points for frame bags, bottles, and more.
6. Removable front derailleur mount, for 2x and 1x chainring options.
7. Durable, long-lasting Enduro Max “Black Oxide” pivot bearings.
8. Clearance for 700x50c and 650b x 2.0 tires.
9. End-to-end, Full Sleeve internal cable guides including
dropper post routing and integrated frame protection.
Any race bike worth its weight these days is made from carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is common, but care, quality and attention to detail are not. In our quest to make the best bikes, we’re not cutting any corners. Niner Race Day Optimized carbon fiber is a cut above.
Call to spec out a different build and pricing
Call to confirm Availability and local pick-up only at this time. Pre-Order yours now for immediate delivery & for 2021 season.
Western Canada's Only Online Niner Dealer!!